At Sparknews, we believe that changing the world starts by how we talk about it. To achieve this, we identify the most inspiring positive initiatives worldwide and widely share them to amplify their impact and accelerate our transition towards a more sustainable world.
What we do
1. SOURCING and qualifying impactful initiatives via various networks and calls for projects. We currently have more than 4,000 projects from all over the world in our database.
2. SHARING these initiatives with big companies via conferences, events at the Positive Innovation Club, training, customized internal communication tools, and with the public through massive media operations (Impact Journalism Day, Solutions&Co, etc.) and through participating in global events (Viva Technology, One Young World, etc.).
3. CREATING RELEVANT ECOSYSTEMS where we connect influencers, experts, business executives, policymakers, artists, social entrepreneurs and top journalists to build powerful communities.
Our amazing content team is currently recruiting a community developer to put together a comprehensive participatory support program for the entrepreneurs of our operations and to help us grasp the latest social innovation trends. You’ll be able to work in close collaboration with all the teams of Sparknews (media, communication and corporate) and you’ll be in contact with the main actors of the social innovation scene in France and abroad.
What you will do
1. STRUCTURE AND FACILITATE THE COMMUNITY OF SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURS (50% of your time)
You will design and coordinate a thorough support program for the social entrepreneurs in order to meet the four following objectives:
- preparing the entrepreneurs before they participate in our operations
- help them make the most of the visibility generated through our operations to boost their impact
- create synergies between the entrepreneurs and relevant organizations from our ecosystems
- encourage the social entrepreneurs to become active ambassadors of Sparknews.
2. SOURCE HIGHLY IMPACTFUL INITIATIVES AND CREATE EDUCATIONAL MATERIAL (30% of your time)
You will actively look for the most inspiring social and environmental innovations to help us grow our database. You will also help design the most compelling educational material to help our various audiences better understand the UN Sustainable Development Goals. And you will further expand our network of experts and sourcing partners.
3. CONTRIBUTE TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF SPARKNEWS (20% of your time)
On top of your facilitation and sourcing activities, you will contribute to other projects in collaboration with the media, communication and corporate teams, depending on Sparknews’ needs and your own aspirations!
- Passion for social innovation, relentless curiosity for alternative and sustainable models
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills in both -
- English and French
- Contagious energy
- A sharp sense of leadership and proactivity
- Remarkable attention to details
- Fun to work with!
- Degree in business, journalism, communication, social innovation or any relevant fields
- Experience in the field of social innovation (social enterprise, NGO, etc.), ideally in a foreign country
- Experience in designing and facilitating training programs, experience in coaching
- Experience in community management
- A good knowledge of the media would be a plus.
Location: Based in Paris (9ème arrondissement) with several business trips during the year
Starting date: January 2018
Contract type: CDI
Remuneration: gross salary of € 30,000/year, negotiable based on profile, 50% of transportation, health insurance and amazing colleagues
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Emma Stokking : email@example.com.