Position in Paris, from Jan 2018
1/ Who are we?
We are a global non-profit on a mission to unlock the potential of deep-technologies to solve the world's most pressing issues. We bring together a community of actors who believe that science and advanced technology can contribute to shaping a better future.
We accelerate the transfer of breakthrough technologies into real world solutions by:
- Creating a global actionable network for deep-tech entrepreneurs by facilitating collaboration between entrepreneurs, industry and investors aiming to make breakthrough innovation an everyday reality.
- Helping corporates and public authorities to understand the potential of advanced technologies and to help them build collaborations with deep-tech startups.
- Providing key knowledge and expertise to researchers and early-stage entrepreneurs.
Since 2011, we source projects creating lasting impact through competitions worldwide, culminating with our Global Challenge, the most exclusive worldwide competition gathering 3,500 deep tech entrepreneurs from 120 countries each year. Over the course of a year, we want to help them find their solutions faster from lab-to-market by highlighting, empowering and connecting them across the globe with the right enablers (larger corporations, investors, incubators and accelerators, experts, mentors…).
In order to do so we organize exclusive events in several countries, our flagship event being the Global Summit when we bring in Paris more than 3,000 science influencers and international leaders to build a better world for tomorrow.
As we want to provide a tailored approach to helping on the ground deep-tech startups, developing ecosystems, and building a worldwide actionable network, we developed Hello Tomorrow Local Hubs in 8 countries.
2/ What are the Local Hubs?
Hello Tomorrow relies on a vibrant worldwide community. Our local presence worldwide is crucial to understanding local challenges, identifying local entrepreneurs, and promoting and connecting them with international innovation networks.
In 2016 we’ve handpicked community builders, the Hello Tomorrow Ambassadors, to develop our local hubs in 7 countries around the world.
In each hub we organize events and local startup competitions to promote local entrepreneurs and answer specific local needs:
- Raising awareness for local innovations, talents & expertise.
- Encouraging interdisciplinary collaborations between entrepreneurs, investors, scientists, industries & policy-makers.
- Attracting international talents to local entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Identifying technological solutions for local & global challenges.
In 2018 we are launching 7 new hubs and diversifying the activities organized locally.
3/ Reporting to the Managing Director, your day-to-day will look as follows:
New local hubs on-boarding
- Formalizing the unique value proposition of being a Hello Tomorrow Ambassador
- Evaluating local hubs application and driving the application process
- Onboarding new local teams
Follow-up, coordination & support
- Constantly improving guidelines and tools in order to support our local hubs
- Making sure local hubs activities are aligned with our vision and mission
- Maintaining local activities timelines and priorities
- Supporting the Ambassadors in their day-to-day (help designing communication material, advising on the event’s programs, supporting the sponsoring & selling strategy…)
- Advising Ambassadors on strategic decisions
- Ensuring the coordination with the team in Paris
Ensuring knowledge sharing
- Ensuring knowledge sharing between local hubs and HT HQ
- Keeping Ambassadors updated on Hello Tomorrow’s activities
- Gathering local activities news and content
- Boosting the Ambassadors Community by facilitating their interactions
4/ Who are you?
Passionated for science, technologies, innovation
Excited by sharing ideas & content
Very well organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Willing to work independently and to take initiatives
With a strong willingness to work collaboratively with other team members as well
Very curious & Open-minded
With a strong belief in getting things done!
5/ Your talents!
Demonstrable experience of project management practices
Solid fluency in English
Experience in international exposure
Fluency in G Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Spreadsheets, etc.)
Experience in event organization is a PLUS
Experience in developing and driving communities is a PLUS
Basic knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite is a PLUS
6/ What we offer?
Salary, depending on profile
Travel opportunities (at least to all the hubs)
Access to the greatest minds in deep-tech and amazing startups!
Relaxed and welcoming team members
Office environment in the heart of Paris
7/ How to apply?
CV (format you want) / Linkedin
Cover letter or video
Contact Sarah Pedroza at firstname.lastname@example.org