TerraCycle is the world leader in the collection and recycling of post-consumer waste that is generally considered non-recyclable. We recycle everything from pens, toothbrushes and candy wrappers to cigarette butts and scores of other waste streams that would otherwise be sent to landfill or be incinerated. TerraCycle promotes a circular economy and a closed-loop approach to waste management.
Headquartered outside of NYC and operating in 21 countries (and growing), TerraCycle contracts with some of the top 100 consumer products companies (including P&G, L’Oreal, BIC, Henkel). TerraCycle is a global pioneer in green business; it recently received significant notice by the famous business magazine Fortune: http://for.tn/2bA5IVC
In late 2009, TerraCycle began its European operations in the UK, beginning with two waste streams and has since grown to over 50 collection programmes across 12 European markets with over 100,000 consumer locations.
TerraCycle has recently partnered with Suez Environnement, one of the largest waste management companies in the world, to develop innovative and differentiating recycling solutions: http://bit.ly/2dDonSA
In this context, the European team is looking for a Sales Associate to help develop the emerging Zero Waste Platform in France and other key European markets. The Business Development Associate will build partnerships with commercial brands, manufacturers, retailers and distributors and work with other departments to craft and develop sales resources to further support the sales process.
The position is based in Perivale, West London and the Business Development Associate - Zero Waste Box will report and work closely with the European Business Development Manager and work closely with the global Zero Waste Box team based in the US headquarters.
- Main websites : www.terracycle.eu
- Zero Waste Boxes websites:
- Example of a Zero Waste Box relist partner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAbA-qHPOP0
- TerraCycle Short Documentary: http://bit.ly/2fdxc6D
- Participate in the formulation of the Business Development strategy for Zero Waste Box in France.
- Identify and contact potential brand partners who need waste solutions for their products
- Obtain contact information for key players at prospective businesses and initiate email and phone contact with people at target businesses
- Develop a constantly growing sales pipeline for various industries or “verticals”
- Track and maintain a record of all communications with prospective and/or active customers through our online CRM software
- Create and periodically update sales presentations based on new developments or successful case studies from elsewhere in the company
- Schedule and conduct sales calls with prospective clients
- Create and pitch deal proposals
- Work with other departments at TerraCycle (i.e. Marketing, Communications, Graphics, etc.) to develop sales resources and marketing collateral.
Excellent presentation skills
Fluent in English and French
A relevant degree or equivalent experience
Previous experience in Business Development or Sales preferred
The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment and juggle multiple responsibilities amidst shifting deadlines and priorities
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, ability to prepare clear and concise client-ready documents
Fluency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel
A demonstrated interest in sustainable/green business
High energy team player
Salary range of £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience
25 Paid Holiday Days
Company Pension contribution up to 3% of salary
Start date – ASAP
Do you feel like you could be a good fit? Please send your CV and cover letter to Caroline Frery, Business Development Manager, TerraCycle Europe at firstname.lastname@example.org.